Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rielly

Rielly had a follow up visit with a cardiologist on Tuesday. At this appointment, I found out that along with the patent ductus heart "defect" he had, he also had the ductus arteriosis heart defect. The doctors knew this from the beginning but I guess Morgan was told but was probably overwhelmed with information and didn't understand what it meant so she never did tell me. I was alarmed at first, but the doctor said based on how he looks and how his heart sounds, the defect has probably healed on its own. We were so relieved! He needs to have an echocardiogram just to confirm that it has resolved but the doctor said there is no rush to get that done.

The other thing is that he was circumcised a week ago. I felt so bad for him. He was so onery afterward, as he should be! He had it done in the doctors office and the doctor made Morgan and Austin watch. I think I would have died having to watch him in pain. He is a strong little baby, he was fine the next day.

2 comments:

tammy said...

That's good news about his little heart.

Taylor had to wait to have his circumcision done too, so Blaine and I were there for it. He watched but I didn't. I sat in a chair and cried.

Kirk and Tori said...

I also had Brock's circumcision done at the doctor's office I lasted about a minute and then left the room crying is was to much to watch! That is great news about his heart!