Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Adrienne


As I left work this morning, all the nurses were talking about Adrienne and how scary her situation was and how lucky she is. I am so glad that Mindi had the feeling that she should go home after class. It's likely that Adrienne would have already been dead by the time Mindi had gotten home after her 2nd class. This is the 2nd time in their family that I feel there was intervention from above that changed what could have been. Mindi would have been dead if she had decided to stay home from Adrienne's birthday party 7 years ago. She had the worst headache ever and was trying to sleep to get rid of it. She didn't want to miss Adrienne's birthday so she forced herself to get up and go to her birthday party at Mcdonalds. If she would have stayed home, she would have had the stroke with no one around and would have not made it. Even with Life Flight getting there within 5-10 minutes, Mindi's heart stopped twice in the helicopter and once there, the doctors told us she wouldn't make it through the night. Wow, I'm feeling very blessed today.

7 comments:

tammy said...

Oh I remember that with Mindi, and now her daughter - how scary!! I'm glad they're both okay and still here, and I'm sure you're family is. Wow, how lucky that Mindi listened to those promptings both times! Cute pic, when was that taken?

Cam said...

We are very happy. That is an older picture maybe about 4 years old. It is cute!

Anonymous said...

Cami, I can't believe how much Mindi looks like you.

tammy said...

She looks so grown up! Becuase she is, but I haven't seen her in years and years, so I still picture the same little girl. She is cute and so are her kids. I see resemblances between your kids, too.

Cam said...

Lori, you think Mindi looks like me? I guess lots of people do but I don't see it.
Tam, I thought the same thing when I saw Justin on your blog. I only remember him being a little boy. Mindi is cute and her kids are cute too, I agree. She had a boob job, can you tell?

tammy said...

I couldn't tell from this, but I wouldn't remember if she was flat or not. They look natural, at least in that photo, meaning they're not the first thing you look at - LOL.

tammy said...

You should take pics of your vinyl and post them so I can see.