Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just a Warning

I know that sometimes I am an idiot and am somewhat naive. I think I can trust most people and that I am immune to identity theft. I have never been a victim of identity theft or any kind of theft for that matter. I am extremely mad at Walgreens Pharmacy right now and want to shoot a woman by the name of Kami Miller that lives somewhere in this valley. She has used my debit card to charge $1600.00 worth of merchandise at two different Walgreens. It started when Walgreens took my debit card number to keep on file for prescriptions. When they did this, they applied it to my name but also to another person named Kami Miller. Well once this Kami Miller realized she wasn't being charged for her purchases at Walgreens, she has slowly increased the amounts of items that she buys. The total right now is about $1600.00 over the past month. There was even a charge for $356.39! What she does is takes all her items to the pharmacy counter and buys them there along with a prescription or two. If you have a prescription to fill, you can take all your other items to the pharmacy and just have it charged to your card that they have on file. Well since Walgreens accidentally put my card under her name, she has gone hog wild. I've cancelled my card and talked to both Walgreens. They are cooperating and have agreed to refund the charges and will go after the other Kami Miller, although I am worried that if they do find that it is fraud, it won't be so easy to get my money back. (According to Draper Police, who I just got off the phone with) SO, DO NOT give Walgreens or any other store you account number to keep on file. I will be much more cautious in the future. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

tammy said...

Oh no!!! Thanks for that warning. Good advice. Hope you get it all back, and they make her pay! Let us know what happens.

p.s. Sometimes I'm too trusting and an idiot too : )