Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Proud Mama

Today was one of those days that left me with that proud feeling because of one of my kids. Carisa got a job, well two of them actually. The first job, she takes foster kids out and does activities with them about three times a week. They range in age from about 8 to about 12. I was surprised when she told me about this job because she has been my one kid that doesn't have a lot of patience with her siblings. I'm sure this will teach her many things and one day make her a better parent. The second one, she goes into elementary schools and teaches photography to 4th graders. Today was her first day of doing this. She had to make a lesson plan and go to the school and teach to the entire classroom of students. Now, I think I would have a heart attack and die before I would be able to do this. She was a little nervous about it, but she said it went very well. Wow, I can't tell you how proud I am of her. She is making a difference in a lot of young peoples lives and this is one of the days I've been waiting for, to see some rewards from all the hard work that parents do to raise responsible kids.

2 comments:

tammy said...

That is awesome! She is such a good person. I'm sure you're very proud.

bunchafullers said...

Yahoo! One good kid with proof. Now you can pat yourself on the back and keep working on the other wonderful 4 kids that you have!