Wednesday, May 28, 2008

EW!


While I was in Europe, Tyson got a tick while he was playing outside. He didn't know what it was but he knew it was something alive sticking out of his leg. He decided to cut as much of it off as he could and he pulled out as much as he could with tweezers. When I got home, he had this nasty looking bullseye spot on him. I took him to the doctor because a sign of Lyme's Disease is a bullseye spot. The doc pulled on some dead skin that was in the middle of the spot and there was a tiny little piece of the tick still in his leg. Once he pulled that out, the spot started dramatically going down by the next day. It gave me the willys. The next day, I found a tick crawling on Ruffles after he went out for a walk. Yucky!

4 comments:

tammy said...

Oh yuck! They gross me out too! Once our dogs brought them home from somewere, and I was sitting in church and looked down at Connor's head and saw one in his scalp. Sac. Mtg. had just started, and I jumped up and dragged both the boys out and we went home so I could get it out of Connor's head. I think he was like 2 or 3 at the time.

~Lori said...

Kelsie got one the first day we moved down here. She still has a scar where it was. So did you get it tested or what? I never did anything about hers after we got it out and I have always wondered???

Cam said...

I didn't get it tested. By the time I got home, it had been 2 1/2 weeks since it happened and I was worried that he had some disease from it. I'm glad to hear that both of you had the same thing happen.

Cam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.